Discover what your DNA reveals about you with GeneLife’s best-selling and most comprehensive genetic test kit.
Genesis 2.0 is designed to analyze your DNA for more than 360 test items, including disease risk, lifestyle-related conditions, physical characteristics and much more.
- In the absence of medical and clinical information, GeneLife test results are not designed to independently diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease, or ascertain the state of your health.
- Resale of our product to a third-party is strictly prohibited.
- One test kit can only be used for one person. If you’d like to use it with your family, please purchase one for each family member.
- Approximate shipment of the test kit will be 3 to 5 business days.
- We analyze your DNA using the latest know-how and technologies. Your test results will be sent to you in the form of a comprehensive report accessible online via your mobile device and PC.
Trusted and Reliable980,000
As featured on...
Create a healthier lifestyle, by understanding your genetic makeup
A vast amount of information can be learned from the 360 test items including your physical characteristics and disease risks.
Understand your predisposition to inherited and lifestyle-related conditions
Type 2 diabetes
Uncover your unique physical and behavioural traits
*For more in-depth analysis and recommendations for sports, diet, skin and metabolic syndrome, please purchase our GeneLife SPORTS, DIET, SKIN and METABO at-home DNA test kits
View test items
- Colorectal cancer / Gastric cancer / Non-cardia gastric cancer / Diffuse-Type Gastric Cancer / Esophageal cancer / Hepatocellular carcinoma / Gallbladder cancer / Pancreatic cancer / Thyroid cancer / Lung adenocarcinoma / Non-small cell lung cancer / Lung cancer (Squamous cell carcinoma) / Laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma / Renal cell carcinoma / Bladder cancer / Glioma / Basal cell carcinoma / Melanoma / Extramammary Paget's diseases / Breast cancer / Cervical cancer / Epithelial ovarian cancer / Endometrial cancer / Prostate cancer / Testicular cancer / Multiple myeloma / Large B-cell lymphoma / Hodgkin's lymphoma / Osteosarcoma / Ewing sarcoma / Pediatric / acute lymphoblastic leukemia with MLL fusion gene / Wilms tumor / Multiple cancers (lung cancer, gastric cancer, and squamous cell carcinoma)
- Circulatory system
- Myocardial infarction / Coronary artery disease / Coronary spasm / Coronary artery calcification / Coronary heart disease in hypercholesterolemia / Stroke / Intracranial aneurysm / Peripheral artery disease / Venous thromboembolism / Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Kawasaki disease / Hypertension / Systolic blood pressure / Diastolic blood pressure / Early onset of hypertension / Blood Pressure Change by Salt Intake / Effect of cold shock on Blood pressure / Orthostatic hypotension / Carotid plaque (Atheroma) / Carotid intima media thickness / Ankle-brachial index (ABI) / Heart rate / R wave voltage in V5 / Electrocardiogram (PR interval) / Electrocardiogram (QRS duration) / Electrocardiogram (QT interval) / Atrial fibrillation / Brugada syndrome / Mitral valve prolapse / Left venticular internal diastolic dimensions / Aortic root size / Pericardial fat
- Respiratory system
- Asthma / Childhood asthma / Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / Pulmonary emphysema / Forced vital capacity / Forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) / FEV1 / FVC / Tuberculosis / High-altitude pulmonary edema
- Digestive system
- Chronic hepatitis B / Chronic hepatitis C / Hepatitis C induced liver cirrhosis / Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Gallstones / Irritable bowel syndrome / Inflammatory bowel disease / Ulcerative colitis / Crohn's disease / Lactose intolerance / Celiac disease / Barrett's esophagus / Duodenal ulcer / Inguinal hernia / Infantile Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis
- Nervous system
- Migraine / Migraine without aura / Restless legs syndrome / Essential tremor / Task specific dystonia / Anorexia nervosa
- Type 2 diabetes / Pancreatitis / Graves' disease / Hypothyroidism / Hashimoto’s thyroiditis / Thyroid volume
- Urinary system
- Chronic kidney disease / Kidney stones / Type 2 diabetes nephropathy / eGFRcreat / Pediatric Nephrotic Syndrome / Hypospadias
- Bone / Joint
- Osteoporosis / Bone mineral density (Femoral neck) / Bone mineral density (lumbar spine) / Risk for fracture / Vitamin D insufficiency / Paget's disease of bone / Gout / Rheumatoid Arthritis / Psoriatic arthritis / Osteoarthritis / Lumbar degenerative disc disease / Scoliosis
- Atopic dermatitis / Psoriasis / Keloid / Vitiligo / Skin Type / Facial pigmentation / Freckles / Acne / Skin reflectance / Skin color / Alopecia areata / Dupuytren's disease
- Blood / Immune system
- Red blood cell count / White blood cell count / Platelet count / Monocyte count / Neutrophil count / Eosinophil counts / Basophil count / Mean corpuscular hemoglobin / Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration / Iron-deficiency anemia / Mean corpuscular volume / Mean platelet volume / Hematocrit / Adiponectin levels / Thyroid hormone (T4) levels / Thyroid-stimulating hormone levels / Plasma resistin levels / Fasting plasma glucose / HDL cholesterol / LDL cholesterol / Triglycerides / Platelet aggregation (ADP) / Platelet aggregation (epinephrine) / Platelet aggregation (collagen) / Homocysteine levels / Plasma Tissue Plasminogen Activator levels / Plasma plasminogen levels / Liver enzyme levels (ALT) / Liver enzyme levels (ALP) / Liver enzyme levels (γGTP) / Fischer’s ratio / Serum total protein level / Serum albumin level / Non-albumin protein levels / Bilirubin levels / IgG levels / IgE levels / IgM levels / IgA levels / Galectin levels / Serum alpha1-antitrypsin levels / C-reactive protein Levels / Cardiac troponin T levels / Creatine kinase level / Fibrinogen levels / Urate levels / Urea nitrogen levels / Creatinine level / Aspartylphenylalanine levels
- Myopia / Hyperopia / Corneal astigmatism / Cataracts / Glaucoma (primary open-angle) / Glaucoma (primary angle closure) / Exfoliation syndrome / Age-related macular degeneration / Diabetic retinopathy / Graves’ ophthalmopathy / Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome / Pupillary light reflex / Axial length / Corneal curvature / Central corneal thickness / Optic disc area
- Ear / Nose / Throat
- Earwax type / Age-related hearing impairment / Otosclerosis / Ear protrusion / Ear lobe size / Ear helix rolling / Rhinosinusitis
- Oral cavity / Teeth
- Dental caries / Periodontitis / Recurrent aphthous stomatitis / Third molar agenesis / Permanent Tooth Eruption / Primary Tooth Eruption / Shovel-shaped incisors / Molar size
- Infectious disease
- Norovirus Infection / Shingles / Meningococcal disease / Enteric fever / Leprosy / Dengue shock syndrome / Severe malaria / AIDS progression
- Allergic sensitization / Allergic rhinitis / Seasonal rhinitis (cedar pollen) / Peanut allergy / Allergic dermatitis (nickel)
- Vitamin A Level / Vitamin B6 Level / Vitamin B12 levels / Vitamin D levels / Vitamin E Level / Retinol levels / Beta-carotene Level / Phosphorus levels / Calcium levels / Magnesium levels / Iron Level / Glycine levels / Alanine levels / Leucine levels / Inosine levels / Valine levels / Serine levels / Lysine levels / Histidine levels / Proline levels / Glutamine levels / Asparagine levels / Tyrosine levels / Phenylalanine levels / Tryptophan levels / Citrate levels / Carnitine levels / Alpha-linolenic Acid Level / Gamma-linolenic acid levels / Linoleic acid levels / Adrenic acid levels / Arachidonic acid levels / Dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid levels / DHA / EPA Level
- Body type / Physique
- Height / Sitting height ratio / Diet (for Men) / Diet (for Women) / Waist-Hip ratio (for women) / Waist-Hip ratio (for Men) / Hip size (for women) / Waist circumstance (for women) / Waist circumstance (for men) / Body mass index / Body fat percentage / Visceral adipose tissue / subcutaneous adipose tissue ratio / Visceral fat / Subcutaneous Fat / Lean body mass / Lip shape / Nasion position / Hippocampal Volume / Amygdala Volume / Intra-cranial volume / Infant head circumference / Birth weight / Digit length ratio
- Orientation / Behavior
- Alcohol dependence / Drinking behavior / Wine liking / Nicotine dependence / Smoking amount / Caffeine consumption / Coffee consumption / Caffeine-induced Anxiety / Sweet Preference / Protein intake / Carbohydrate or Fat intake / Hoarding / Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Evening Preference / Sleeping time / Sleep Bruxism / Obstructive sleep apnea / Hypersomnia (HLA-DQB1*06:02 negative)
- Ability / Constitution
- Alcohol Flush / Alcohol Metabolism / Caffeine Metabolism / Cotinine glucuronidation / Metabolism of acrylamide / Antioxidant synthesis / Antioxidant enzyme activity / Taste sensitivity (Umami) / Pain Sensitivity / Odor Detection (isovaleric acid) / Odor detection (Asparagus metabolites) / Odor detection (2-heptanone) / Odor detection (isobutyraldehyde) / Odor detection (β-damascenone) / Odor detection (β-ionone) / Bitter sensitivity (Caffeine) / Taste sensitivity (Phenylthiocarbamide) / Bitter sensitivity (Quinine) / Bitter sensitivity / Muscle Type / Grip strength / Exercise (Anaerobic performance) / Exercise capacity (aerobic performance) / Memory Performance / Aging (brain’s performance) / Mathematics Ability / Information processing -Digit symbol (DS)- / Information processing -Symbol search (SS)- / Information processing -Inspection time (IT)- / Information processing -Simple RT (SRT)- / Information processing -2-choice RT- / Information processing -4-choice RT- / Information processing -8-choice RT- / Information processing -Speed Factor- / Hearing function / Musical Ability / Eye color / Hair morphology / Osmidrosis / Longevity / Telomere length / Motion sickness / photic sneeze reflex
- Mitochondria Haplo group / Y-Chromosome Haplo type (only for Japanese)*1
- *1 This test item is based on Y-Chromosome. Male with Y-Chromomsome can see this item. Only for Japanese.
- ※If new research results are found and relevant scientific knowledge are updated in the future, please understand the test results may be changed accordingly.
Your results, all in one simple digital dashboard
Access your GeneLife DNA test results, get personalized wellness content and track your fitness, diet and sleep with the GeneLife 3.0 app. Now available in iOS and Android.
You can also access your report via our web and mobile web reports.
Know Yourself, Own Your Future.
Start your GeneLife journey today!
Genesis Healthcare: Asia's pioneer in genetic analysis
GeneLife's genetic testing service is brought to you by Genesis Healthcare, a leader in genetic research, testing and analysis. The GeneLife testing services bring more than 15 years of breakthought genetic research and development from Genesis Healthcare, empowering its users to lead a healthier lifestyle.
#1 in Japan: The leader in genetic research and analysis
Established in 2004, Genesis Healthcare has become a professional genetic testing pioneer, setting new industry standards. Genesis Healthcare has earned the trust of more than 980,000 users, who have undertaken our genetic tests.
Best value for money
Equipped with the most advanced technologies in the industry, and the most exhaustive list of traits and items - including risks of illness, lifestyle diseases, physical and mental characteristics etc. our test kits offer the best cost/perfomance value in today's market.
Superior quality of analysis
We use our very own state-of-the art labovatory to examine your genetic data. With our customized microarray chips, we can ensure the highest quality in our test results and anlysis.
Secure and protected 24x7
Operating under Japan's METI (Ministry for Economy, Trade, and Industry) genetic research and testing guidelines (formulated in 2007), and adhering to the Privacy Laws of Japan, your personal and genetic information will be stored with top level security, round the clock (24 hours, 365 days). To also ensure privacy, every customer's test kit is barcoded so that only the customer has access to both their personal and genetic information.
GeneLife is CPIGI certified in Japan
* CPIGI is an independent non-profit organization that reviews companies about their compliance with the CPIGI standards in providing accurate genetic testing services and in handling individual genetic information. Certified companies can use the CPIGI certification mark in recognition of their compliance to the CPIGI standards.
Start your GeneLife journey with 5 easy steps:
Order your test kitFirst, place an order for your GeneLife testing kit at our online store. We’ll deliver it right to your doorstep for free*. Once the kit has arrived, refer to the user guide to confirm that the test kit contains all the necessary items.
RegisterVisit the GeneLife website to sign up for a GeneLife account and to register your kit. For detailed instructions click here.
Collect test sampleFollow the instructions in your kit to collect a sample of your saliva in the test tube provided.
Return test kitUse the envelope in the test kit to return the test tube with your sample via post.
Analysis & resultsOnce GeneLife receives your test sample, we will analyze your sample within 4 to 6 weeks. You can then view the results online using your PC or mobile device.
About genetic testing
Genetic testing is the process of getting parts of your DNA analyzed in order to detect the presence or absence of a particular sequence of genes. Your DNA sequences can indicate a wide range of traits, characteristics, and even disease risks. For instance, the color of your hair or your height is due to the absence or presence of a particular gene sequence. Similarly, gene sequences can influence physical features like obesity type, skin type, and risk of diseases.
Tests with a GeneLife testing kit is very simple. All we need for a DNA sample is your saliva. Unlike tests in hospitals, which require blood samples collected using needles, GeneLife tests are pain-free and convenient.
Thanks to the latest advancements in genetics, researchers can now identify the presence or absence of some of genes that affect the onset of lifestyle diseases. This allows you to understand which diseases you are genetically predisposed to. Though there’s only a 0.1% difference in the DNA sequence when comparing one individual to another, even this small variance can help to detect risks. Your genes don’t change during your lifetime (except under rare and exceptional conditions), so taking the test just once is sufficient to help you make better health and lifestyle choices based on your risk profile.
GeneLife testing kits are a convenient, secure, and affordable way to get your genes tested. Our testing kits are also designed to fit your health and lifestyle needs. From our most comprehensive test kit, Genesis2.0, that tests for more than 360 traits and items, to our more specific kits:
- - Genesis Myself2.0 tests for personality traits
- - Genesis SKIN tests for skin condition traits
- - Genesis METABO tests for metabolic syndrome
- - Genesis DIET tests for your genetic response to food and nutrition
- - GeneLife SPORTS tests for muscle growth and development
Still curious about what genes are and how genetic tests work? Learn more
What do genetic tests tell me?
Genetic tests analyze your genes and DNA to reveal the blueprint that your body is built on. It can reveal invaluable information such as disease risk, physical traits such as metabolism, skin type, muscle type and even certain traits such as memory performance, and arithmetic abilties.
How do I prioritize my genetic test results in comparsion to my health checks and medical reports?
Your doctor and or medical professional's guidance and advice always takes priority. GeneLife test results are not intended be used as an independent tool for diagnosis. You can consider using the genetic test results in consultation with a doctor or medical professional when considering treatments. However your genetic test results should not replace any current or previous diagnosis made by a physician.
Will my genetic test results change over time? Do I need to take the test again?
Your DNA will not change during your lifetime (except under extreme circumstances). Thus, you need to only take the test once in your lifetime.
Can I take the test while pregnant?
Yes, you can take the test while pregnant. Your DNA results will not change due to your pregnancy and poses no harm to the child.
How do you preserve or manage personal genetic information and personal information?
At GeneLife, we have implemented an exceptionally secure enivronment to make sure that your personal and genetic information is safely stored and managed. As a business that manages personal genetic information, we are regulated by the guidelines set by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI). Personal genetic information is also protected by Japan’s Personal Information Protection law. Along with these guidelines, we also comply with the standards set by the Council for Protection of Individual Genetic Information (CPIGI), a non-profit organization, that ensures the accuracy of personal genetic information, the safety and management procedures, and supervises how our contractors and operators manage genetic information.
GeneLife is part of Genesis Healthcare, a leading provider of genetic research abd testing services. Through testing, GeneLife provides you access to your personal genetic information allowing you to make better health and lifestyle choices and help disease prevention. GeneLife’s mission is to offer you a better understanding of your body and physiology via your genetic makeup - “Know Yourself, Own Your Future”.