The following outlines the Privacy Statement for http://genelife.asia/. GeneLife Asia is fully owned and operated by Genesis Healthcare Co., a genetic research and testing company located in Tokyo, Japan. The intention of this Privacy Statement is to provide important user information about the collection method, testing process, storage and use of the genetic and personal pertaining to customer purchase of our products, our software and various Web Services. The Privacy Statement shall serve as the guideline for transparent, secure and user-controlled environment for our Products and Services. By agreeing to this Privacy Statement, you agree to provide consent Genesis Healthcare to access your Personal Information required by us to provide various services and purposes outlined in Section 2. Please be sure to read carefully this Privacy Statement before product purchase.
Your Personal Information, which includes your name and address, provided to Genesis Healthcare will not be used without your explicit consent either via written or online approval unless for the following reasons;
- - the information has been made anonymous or aggregated so that you cannot be personally identified; or
- - a legal injunction or request has been made by the Country’s Regulatory Body which requires us to disclose such information.
1.1 “Genesis Healthcare” is the official registered entity name for Genesis Healthcare Corporation, whose principal place of business is located at Yebisu Garden Place Tower 26F 4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo JP 150-6026.
1.2 “Service” or “Services” can be defined as Genesis Healthcare’s products, mobile application, any proprietary or licensed software and website used by the user, regardless of its use in connection with a product purchase or personal account setup.
1.3 “R&D” refers to research and development activities conducted by Genesis Healthcare, Genesis Institute of Genetic Research (GIGR) or Medical Clinic Ebisu, Tokyo, a registered Medical Facility under the Ministry of Health in Japan and an affiliate of Genesis Healthcare.
1.4 “Personal Information” is defined as information that can be used to identify you or your place of location, either as independent or in conjunction with other information. In order to provide you with the Service(s), we collect and store the following types of Personal Information;
- a. “Registration Information” can be defined as information that you provide when you register for and/or purchase Genesis Healthcare’s Services, such as name, email, mail address, gender, birthdate, user ID and password, and payment information.
- b. “Genetic Information” can be defined as information that consists of your genotype, or specifically the sequence of your ATCG’s at particular locations within your gene(s). By providing us with your saliva sample allows us to analyze your Genetic Information and thus, for you to receive the Services.
- c. “Self-Reported Information” can be defined as all other information voluntarily provided to Genesis Healthcare, including but not limited to information regarding your family history, disease history, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, religion and other information through our online surveys or in creating your GeneLife personal account.
- d. “User Content” can be defined as all information other than Genetic Information or Self-Reported Information generated by users of Genesis Healthcare’s Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately to or through Genesis Healthcare. The information include data, text, software, photographs, music, audio, video, messages or other materials.
- e. “Web Behavior Information” can be defined as information on how you use the Genesis Healthcare’s website, for example, browser type, domain or page views, collected through log files, cookies and web beacon technology.
- f. “Referral Information” can be defined as information provided by you when referring Genesis Healthcare’s services to your friends and contacts. Examples of Referral Information can be your name, email, address, and the name and email address of the person you are referring our Services to.
2. Our Privacy Principles and Objective
Our Key Privacy Principles and Objective is outlined as follows;
- - To provide, research, analyze and improve our Services in each country and region while adhering to national and local laws and regulations; including methodology for marketing and for advertising purposes.
- - To protect the security and safety of Genesis Healthcare and its Services, its employees and customers alike for each country in which the Services are offered to.
- - To comply with all laws and regulations we are subject to in Japan.
- - Not to sell, lease or rent Personal Information without your explicit consent.
3. Collection Method and Types of Information to Receive Service(s)
3.1 Information that you will be requested to provide directly to Genesis Healthcare is as follows:
- a. Registration Information is required to set up your personal account to receive our Services through Genesis Healthcare. When you register an account with us, your name, date of birth, billing and shipping address, payment information and contact information will be required.
- b. User Content is requested or required when you post, create or upload content, including data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials through our Services. For example, User Content can include emails made to Customer Support, and can also include personal information.
- c. Self-Reported Information is personal information that can be either mandatory or provided voluntarily. The information can include surveys, forms, features or applications. For example, survey may require you to provide information regarding to your personal traits, ethnicity, disease conditions, other health-related information and family history information for Research Purposes and increase the accuracy of the Services.
- d. Referral Information is Information provided by you when you refer a person to Genesis Healthcare or GeneLife Services. When you make referrals using a social network, it may also include information from your profile that is made available to Genesis Healthcare when we connect to your social network to post the referral on your behalf.
- e. Social Media Features and Widgets (“Features”) can be used on our website, including the Twitter and Facebook’s Like/ Share button. These Features may collect your IP address or set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly.
- f. All Other Information provided you when contacting our Customer Service, either by email or phone is collected, tracked and stored in the efforts to respond to your inquiry, investigate any violation of the Privacy Statement and our Terms of service or applicable laws or regulations, and to analyze, reply or improve our Services to the Customer.
3.2 Information collected to provide Genesis Healthcare’s Services
a. Genetic Information that contains your genotype, such as the sequence of ATCG’s, at particular locations in your gene, is obtained when you provide us with your saliva sample and the saliva sample is processed and analyzed by us, or when you otherwise contribute or access your Genetic Information through our Services. Genetic Information includes the result of your genetic test report as part of our Services, and may be used for other purposes, as outlined in Section 4.
3.3 Information collected from cookies and similar technologies
a. Web Behavior Information is collected by Genesis Healthcare and our third party partners through using cookies and similar technologies (“Technologies”) such as web beacons, tags, scripts and device identifiers. The Technologies are used to recognize your technology selection, and allow us to customize and improve your experience, provide security, analyze usage of our Services, gather demographic information about our user base, offer our products and services to you in a more efficient manner, to monitor our marketing programs and methods, and to conduct targeted advertising on Genesis Healthcare’s site and other sites in the Internet.
4. Use and Share of Information
4.1 Use and Share of Information: The intention of the use and share of information provided by you is primarily to provide, analyze and improve our Services: Please refer to Section 3 for further details outlining the use and sharing of Information and its definition. Furthermore, use and sharing of information include, among other things, using your Personal Information in order to;
- a. open your account, enable purchases and process payments, implement your requests, and communicate with you;
- b. host our website, operate our mobile applications, authenticate your visits, provide custom personalized content and information and track your usage of our Services;
- c. conduct web analytics to improve and enhance our Services;
- d. offer new products or services to you, such as using emails, promotions or contests;
- e. conduct surveys or polls and obtain testimonials;
- f. process and deliver your genetic testing results;
- g. perform research and development activities.
Genesis Healthcare reserves the right to consent with you on any other information or matters that are not outlined above or as requested by the Customer to provide Services not mentioned above.
4.3 Third Party
Genesis Healthcare may provide or share your Personal Information to contracted third-party, service providers, which includes Companies and People that enable Genesis Healthcare to provide, serve, understand and improve our Services. a. Service Provider: The order and payment of our Services is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server protected by a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
4.4 Disclosures required by law
Your Personal Information may be subject to disclosure under certain circumstances, such as pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. Genesis Healthcare will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or we have reasonable grounds to believe that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to; 1)comply with legal or regulatory process or obligations that Genesis Healthcare may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; 2) enforce our Terms of Services and other policies; 3) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; 4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Genesis Healthcare, its users, its employees, its clients and the public.
5. Data Security and Storage
Genesis Healthcare operates genetic research and testing under the Japanese METI guidelines (formulated in 2007). While adhering to the Privacy Laws of Japan, your genetic information will be stored with top level security 24 hours/365 days at our onsite laboratory. To insure confidentiality, each person’s samples have their unique barcode to insure that only you will have access to both your Personal Information and Genetic Information. Genesis Healthcare’s users will have access to their results for 1 year from the time the test results are viewable online. Please refer to our Policy for Data Security and Storage.
6. Security Measures
Genesis Healthcare takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure that Personal Information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. When you provide your payment information, i.e) credit card information, the information is encrypted using Secure Socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, our service provider, Shopify, follows all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
7. Closure of Account and Change in Personal Information
6.1 Closure of your Account: If you wish to close your account in our Services, it can be done it by sending a request to Customer Service. When closing an account, Genesis Healthcare removes all Genetic Information within your account within 30 days of our receipt of your request. However, Genetic Information and/or Self- Reported Information that you have previously provided and for which you have agreed to use in Genesis Healthcare will not be removed from ongoing or completed studies that use the information. Our genotyping laboratory may also retain your Genetic Information and we may retain backup copies for a limited period of time pursuant to our related to your order history, for accounting and compliance or regulatory inquiry purposes.
6.2 Changes in Personal Information: If you wish to change any items in your Personal Information, you can update or correct your information via your Account Settings page.
8. Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy statement was updated November 1st, 2015. Genesis Healthcare reserves the right to change, when deemed necessary, the Privacy Statement, without any prior written notice to the Customer. When a change has been made that is considered material in the Services offered, a Notice of Change or Announcement will be posted on our website or send to you via email.
9. Questions and Contact Information
If you have questions about this statement, please contact us at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org